Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meatoast

It was 2 am and all I wanted was a sandwich. Not just any sandwich, a warm, delicious, meat filled, incredible, sensational sandwich. I was seeking the kind of superior joy that can only be received from a 2 am snack. Pizza would not cut it this time. Ever since spending time in Tel Aviv, all I ever want to eat at 2 am is toast. For anyone who has not been to Tel Aviv, toast there is not at all the lame warm bread that it is here. You can get topics on it, ranging from salad to cheese to meat. I crave it all the time and have not had this craving satisfied in two years until the other night and I didn't even have to board a red eye!!
Pretty far west into Chelsea, there is a new resteraunt called Meatoast. Meatoast makes 12 inch subs (think a Kosher Quizno's that uses a panini press). I got a 6 inch sub (not on the menu but I convinced them that if they did not give me a 6 incher it would be Bal Tashlit and the Kashrut of the resteraunt would be questionable) with turkey, salami, letace, tomatto, pickles, and garlic mayonaise. I was not expecting anything to out of this world but the flavors literally exploded in my mouth. This was definitely the best sandwich that I have ever had in the United States. Thank you Meatoast for making meat amazing!
Please note- Meatoast is open Sunday through Thursday 10am-3/4 am, Friday 10 am -3 pm and Saturday 8pm-10AM... that's right, 24 hours straight until the week begins. They are cash only but seeing as a 12 inch sub is less than $10 that shouldn't be to hard.

MeaToast

(212) 239-7464
Chelsea
503 W 28th St
New York, NY 10001


*****

No comments: