Monday, August 25, 2008

2nd Avenue Deli

The meat at this Deli is so fresh, it practically walked straight out of the farm and onto my plate. Eating at this restaurants was a glorious reminder about why I keep kosher. The matzah ball soup was glazed to perfection, no salt necessary. I got the Everything But the Kitchen Sink sandwich, they certainly were not kidding. The sandwich was at least half a foot wide. When I bit into the half with chopped liver I felt like I was in heaven. I wish I could bring some home but it was to expensive.
The service was not excellent. It was freezing cold in the restaurant and I asked three different members of the staff to lower the air conditioning with no prevail. I also had a bit of difficulty getting my waitresses attention to order tea even though we were making eye contact the first two times I asked her for help and she ignored me.
****

No comments: